The Soloist Network (Frontlines/PK Solo Players Guild)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by HatsuneMiku, Apr 1, 2015.

1. HatsuneMiku

HatsuneMiku Adventurer Adventurer

The Soloist Network
    "You can't break a solo player the way you do a dog or a horse - the harder you beat a soloist, the taller we stand."

Logo coming soon

Founders:
    - HatsuneMiku
    - Killjoy
    - Kurotos
    - ObjEkShiN
    Guild Size: 5
    Other Members:
    Fish
    Itsigu

Short note from the founders:
    First and foremost don't discuss how our guild is contradictory, thanks! We are not founded upon the idea of playing the entire game alone. Personally I believe being a solo player means you follow a certain set of ideals that others do not. These ideals can only be understood by other soloists. Therefore, 95 % of guilds out there will not have these rules, ideals and ideas in place. But if a guild was to be started by a solo player and they founded it upon these ideals then soloists will feel exponentially more at home with them. Fact is, there are limits to what a solo player can do, so, although we won't be clearing every floor on our own, since we all consider ourselves solo players, I believe we will not only understand each other better, but be able to work together better. Therefore, we'll be able to clear higher floors with better gear in shorter times. Thank you for reading, more information such as the code of conduct, how to apply and more is belong !

Guild Lore:
    A wise man once said "There are limits to what a solo player can do." That angered my father greatly. He wanted to conquer Aincrad completely. Alone. He failed. My father wasn't a great man. He was obsessed with defeating Aincrad, but when he died and passed on his legacy to me... I wasn't upset. My emotions changed that day. I wanted to avenge him, but I couldn't bring myself to think there was any real reason to. So I walked into the private study he'd never let me into. I read his books, learned everything about why he wanted to conquer Aincrad. I adopted his principles and revised them. People refer to these guys as solo players. There were others, all of them having their reasons for being alone. They're considered misfits in this world. Well I'm gonna make a home for them. Right here. In The Soloist Network.
    *Usually better at writing lore but I wrote this in under 10 minutes so I'm sorry and I'll revise it tomorrow probably.*

Code of Conduct:

The only ones you are supposed to protect are your comrades and other soloists on your own courtesy.
    No PKing guild members
    Under no circumstance does the fallen solo player, (if there is one) whether they are in The Network or not, owe you or any other soloists a favor, money , items etc. UNLESS the fallen solo player does so willingly.
    The Soloists in our guild must maintain a low profile unless it is to protect one of our own
    You are allowed to maintain relationships outside of the guild but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU SPEAK OF THE GUILDS PRIVATE INFORMATION WITH ANYONE. ANY VIOLATIONS OF THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN A WORLDWIDE MANHUNT WITH SEVERAL BOUNTY HUNTERS AND OUR ENTIRE FORCE AFTER YOU.
    Violations of the others will result in anything from a small fine, to execution but only in extreme circumstances, don't be alarmed.

Why to apply (Abridged)
    For the long version of why to apply to the guild go down and read the next section

• -Solo players are a target for PKers, with a guild there is a "scare factor" which will greatly assist you
    • -Info, as a powerful guild we will have access to information beyond small guilds and beyond that of normal players.
    • -As a soloist, you will feel much more at home with us, for reasons that are quite obvious
    • -No matter what we won't ever have a leader. We will have 4 founders, who will also be representatives when going to other guilds and such. But, these founders do not have a right to lead you. Plans for raids and stuff must be completely agreed upon, before we execute the plans.
    • -Influence, if our guild grows into a powerful team, we will have a large influence on the people of Aincrad. Since we are all solo players we understand we may have to do some hard things to get what we want. As a guild we can spread a huge rumor about secret bosses, rare drops and so on, and make hundreds of people fall into a huge trap...just a random example of course...

Why to apply (Full Version)
    This is just a longer version of the text above. If you don't like reading, read the stuff above. While there are many reasons for soloists to join a guild I'm only going to discuss the unique opportunities this guild presents or else it's gonna be like every other guild thread on the entire forum. So, first and foremost is quite obvious. PKers are gonna be a major problem for solo players, especially the good ones. Murder guilds may mobilize entire raid teams to capture one player. No matter how much you try you probably won't be able to take down them all. As a guild it adds a certain fear factor you can't get otherwise. The reason this is unique is because before ambushing you they won't know if your on our side or if your solo which I guess will assist the soloists that aren't in the guild as well. Next is info. I was thinking of speaking with "The Wandering Path" guild to maybe get a constant stream of information sent to us for certain deals we could make. But of course just simply being in a guild assists you greatly on finding information, as we can share it openly, although keep in mind if you share info with any non guild members you will get crowned as a heretic and I will personally hunt you down :). We're all soloists. Due to this we will have similar attitudes and ideals so we will feel much more at home with each other as opposed to one of the mainstream guilds. Since we're soloists I imagine we won't to have an official leader. Good news, we won't! We will have the 4 founders which will also be representatives to other guilds and such. But under very little circumstances should we order you around. I wish for us to be a team and all of our plans to be created as a team. Lastly, as a solo player, you can't influence entire floors or even all of Aincrad. As a guild we have a chance of it. I can't guarantee it but we may be able to literally affect the world to the point where players fall right into our perfectly placed traps.

How to apply:
    Basically the same as any other guild, reply to the thread asking me to add you to the guild list and your in! Also if you have a Skype please add "MiKu Vortex" which is one of my Skype accounts, just to speak about extra guild info now and in the future away from prying eyes :p

Final Note From The Founders:
    First off thank you so much for reading as I know that was a large amount of text. I hope you consider applying to the guild, the first 3 who apply get founder/rep rank in the guild so apply fast! We will be on both servers but I'm not sure which primarily. Non solo players are welcome as well but be aware we will have a different atmosphere than most other guilds. Thanks for reading. See you in Aincrad!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Kurotos and Itsigu like this.
  2. Cillin

Cillin Black VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

4 founders? What happens when one gains more power than the others o_O

3. HatsuneMiku

More power can't be gained, by founders I just mean people who sign the contract for starting the guild up. Although you do bring up a good point about corruption. I'll keep that in mind, thank you good sir!

4. Cillin

Cillin Black VIP Black VIP Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

o7 good luck soloer

5. HatsuneMiku

6. Killjoy

Killjoy Red VIP Red VIP Seasoned Adventurer

well i see hmmmm i like this idea....add me in :cool:...dont really mind losing my title but eh ill work around it...also I am a pker...sooo thts up to u if youll add me just letting you know

7. HatsuneMiku

Well we are a frontlines/pk guild so idk why that'd be a problem :/

8. Killjoy

i misread srry

9. HatsuneMiku

Welcome to the guild Killjoy! I hope you enjoy your stay at the kirito is always right foundation hotel! Or something

10. HatsuneMiku

It's fine lol

11. Killjoy

cool two members so far so good

12. HatsuneMiku

Yup although things could be going better

13. Kurotos

Kurotos

Hello, people. Mind if I join? I'm a solo player, because of sheer misfortune XD. Cannot find anyone who wants to form a party around me whenever I'm playing MMOs. Anyways, I'm now accustomed to the way of the solos. And a guild composed of solo players sounds ironic and I like it lol.

14. HatsuneMiku

I'll add you in. Welcome to the guild!

15. Kurotos

Kurotos

Yaaay. Nice to meet you all! Hope this guild will soon be an official one XD.

16. HatsuneMiku

I'm not sure of the requirements but I hope so as well. Man I had a delayed reply XD

17. ObjEkShiN

ObjEkShiN Christmas VIP Christmas VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer

Hey guys I'm new to AoA, and I'm interested in joining the guild.

My name: ObjEkShiN
    Time Zone: Eastern US Time

However, if I join, I would like to request a few things.
    -> We cover each other's backs.

-> I can act as a diplomat with other guilds to make peace and alliances.

-> We don't quarrel like some games I've been in.

-> We have fun.

Questions of mine:
    -Is this a guild that will be active?
    -Is it OK if I'm higher in level than that of the other guild members (I'm notorious for leveling up insanely fast due to grinding in games with my friends).
    -Can we share/ help each other out? (But not if we don't feel obligated to).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    HatsuneMiku likes this.
  18. ObjEkShiN

ObjEkShiN Christmas VIP Christmas VIP Purple VIP Seasoned Adventurer

It would also be cool if we could be more friendly than just soloists. I would like to bring the group together so we would trust each other for protection and help when needed.

19. HatsuneMiku

You make several extremely good points. I think I soeak for the whole guild that your ideas are really good. Although your 2nd post I have no understanding on really :/ We will all be extremely active, we won't quarrel unless it needs to be done, you can and will be a rep as your the 4th person to join (you need 4 founder signatures in total) and as far as leveling goes. Someone always has to be on top. So go for it. I'm adding you in. Welcome to the soloist network!

20. HatsuneMiku

Done, welcome to the guild ObjEkShiN!