AoA: After 100 floors.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Leo, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Administrator Cyan VIP Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Hello Aincraders!
    I had an Idea of what would happen after beating the 100th Boss in Aincrad.

Aincrad SubWorld

After you beat the 100th floor Boss, A Raging sound can be heard from anywhere in Aincrad. Something beneath 1st floor is moving, sounding like an earthquake, but looks like Metalic gears are moving. In the center of the Starting city, a Gigantic Tower Rises, Lifted by Ancient gears, until it reaches the level top and stops.
    At the bottom of the tower, A gate was revealed. After a few seconds, the gate starts to Open, making a raging sound that spreads all over aincrad.
    A new player tries to enter the gate, but he gets knocked off by an invisible barrier force. A Game window opens saying : "Only lvl+80 players are allowed to enter.".

This is the Aincrad SubWorld. After defeating the 100 floors, a new gate opens, leading to another 100 floors, but this time, going down.

The Cities in the Aincrad SubWorld are be Smaller, and more distanced from each other. Only Cities would be safezones, Mob Spawning rates would be increased, and bosses would become much harder.
    It would be a Dark red place, with a permanent Red-Orange-Black sky, like a path to hell.

In this zone you'd get better items, and Boss Drops would be higher.

Requirements to enter this zone:
    1- Be at least Lvl 80
    2 - defeat the 100th floor boss at least 1 time. (Caesar's Idea)

The rest would be almost like in normal aincrad.

More Suggestions are WELCOME!

Cheers,
    Leo
    EDITED at 22/01/2015 - adding @Caesar 's idea.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Flaming shuriken

Flaming shuriken Seasoned Adventurer

Sounds awesome. Increased danger is always more fun.

WRohIgda and Leo like this.
  3. Leo

Leo Community Manager Staff Member Administrator Cyan VIP Legend Hero Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Cheers ^^ i know right?

WRohIgda likes this.
  4. Taokaka

Taokaka Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

100 floors that go bellow? I like it. Sounds like some kind of expansion :p

WRohIgda likes this.
  5. Anon

Anon Black VIP Black VIP Warlord Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Ever since watching the dungeon under the starting city I always wondered if they had more floors below, any way sounds fun but we don't need to worry about this for a long time

WRohIgda likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Halloween VIP Halloween VIP Veteran Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

This doesn't need to be thought about for awhile but if suggest having the requirement be defeating the last boss

7. Nelchael

Nelchael Purple VIP Purple VIP Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Oldtimer

Pretty cool idea, reminds me a bit of minecraft and that weird hell word. Was it called the Nether? Something like that. Been a long time since last played MC.
    If they do this, there better not be any OP monsters that can only be defeated by a little girl with admin powers.

8. Leo

Nice one. i'll add it!
    you'll be able to defeat it if you are good enough ^^

9. Dayvon64

Dayvon64 Adventurer Adventurer

What if after that boss is finished the floor underneath the people in that room opens up or disappears then boom you fall into ALO Kirito style. Just kidding haha

10. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Teal VIP Legend Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

I like the idea. If you take a look at Aincrad, floor 1 is not exactly in the bottom part of the castle, there're structures below it too. But from what I see, in terms of size, the area below floor 1 can only fit about 20-30 more floors in the same ceiling height as the normal floors (100 meters). So maybe less than 100 floors, or lower the ceilings?

11. Leo

lower the ceiling, definitely. still, It This isnt SAO, Its AoA, so we can do whatever the devs want xD

12. Shawnyall

Shawnyall Adventurer Adventurer

Didn't one of the SAO PSP games explore something like this? Or am I thinking about the one that goes past the floor that Kirito defeated Heathcliff? Either way, I like this idea. If we're using the same design of the flying castle as SAO, it wouldn't be that hard to add an expansion to the bottom.

Maybe instead of the tower rising in the center of the Starting city, which I guess would be in the same courtyard as when the announcement revealing the death game was made, the castle could crash into the ground. Except there's a giant ivory tower in the way. So the giant tower stabs through the castle as it falls, and then we have to travel through the hundred floors to reach the ground. Which could then be used for another expansion.
    A very fantastic series of events, but it's an MMORPG inspired by an anime about an MMORPG. :p

13. Leo

i dont have a clue xD
    That is the center of the starting city, and the castle wont fall in AoA xD

14. Shawnyall

Shawnyall Adventurer Adventurer

Aw, it'd give a perfect excuse to create an original overworld with the castle acting as a central hub. It'd also give a reason to keep expanding the AoA universe into something huge. Hard to expand when you're limited to a flying castle.

Unless... More flying castles? :p

15. Shijohane

Shijohane Lead Concept Artist Teal VIP Legend Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer Alpha Key Holder

Oh right, lower the ceiling gives it more like a hell dungeon theme xD

Also there're several floating islands outside of Aincrad, maybe we could do something with those.

16. Leo

hmm maybe, i'll think about that

17. Ardy McHardy

Ardy McHardy Seasoned Adventurer

This is way too much extra work for the Devs. It'd be just as good to run an NG+ system and change things such as dungeon layouts and skills/rotations of mobs, and it'd be a fuckload less work for them.

18. Leo

so what if it is much work? the devs will be working full tie on this when it comes out to the public , you know that right?

19. Ardy McHardy

Ardy McHardy Seasoned Adventurer

Assuming the game even does well.
    I'm all for the idea, but it's super easy for them to cock it up and have it fail miserably.
    It's one thing to have a following based on the concept and what it's based off, it's entirely another to KEEP a following based on the game actually being good. Sure they'll always have some fanboys playing it, but whether that enough to support a full team of Devs remains to be seen.

20. Kei

Kei Knight Young Knight Seasoned Adventurer

An Expansion Pack :D like a New Story but What they will do on other players that havent finish the 100th floor? There will be 2 Aincrad D:?